Serving Columbia and Greene Counties of New York State
Congratulations to Wayne Gearing, K2WG, our new president and Joe
Sacco, KC2JMS, our new vice-president!!
Next meeting is February 20th at 7:00 pm
at the Churchtown Firehouse, 2219 Cty. Rte. 27, Hudson, NY
(Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of Every Month, except August)
The elections will continue at the February meeting.
Members will be voting for Secretary and Treasurer.
Please plan on attending.
Contact Wayne, K2WG
or Marty, N2LDR
if you have any questions.
All are welcome.
The Tech Class results are in - another successful course with K2WG
Wayne Gearing, K2WG, gave this overview of the class:
- All eight members of the licensing class were successful with testing:
6 Technicians and 2 generals.
- Baofeng UV-5R radios were given to Andrew Madey, Ashley Pirrone and
Nate Spangler for the 3 highest grades on the Technician exam. Thanks to Tony,
KD2LIL, for the donation of the radios.
- Tony, KD2LIL upgraded to general and Andrew Madey went from no license to
General. There were 10 others who came to the VE session (including 2 from
- All together, (class members and walk-ins) there were 13 new licencees
and three upgrades.
- Six VEs were present to assist with testing: Stan WA2UET, Jim KC2OGK,
Chris N2PEN, Ben N2ROQ, Pete KD2JKV and Wayne K2WG.
- Special thanks to Jules K2KGJ, Barry WA2KLP and Sean KD2GRA for their
assistance with the class.
Great Job, everyone!!
Field Day 2016
Check it out -->
2016 was another successful year for the Rippers at field day.
Here are some of the moments.
ARES Emergency Services Net on Tuesdays at 7pm
on the 147.210 K2RVW/R repeater
All ARES members are encouraged to join this weekly net to
practice running a formal net and learning to pass messages.
Meetings and training are held at the Columbia County EOC.
If you are interested, contact Columbia County Emergency Coordinator
, WA2KLP, for details.
President - Wayne Gearing, K2WG
Vice President - Joe Sacco, KC2JMS
Secretary - vacant
Treasurer - Marty Miller, N2LDR
Safety Officer - Todd Brackett, KC2YKM
Wayne Gearing, K2WG, Chair
Tom Gutierrez, N2NZD, Chair
Jules Madey, K2KGJ
Barry Thompson, WA2KLP
Station Call: K2RVW
Special Event Call: WD2K
All repeaters are working great...
- We now have a digital repeater on 449.925 with a required PL of 110.9 Hz
- a second Fusion digital repeater on 147.015 - no PL
- PL is not required for Digital Mode!
- There is also an encoded tone of 110.9 Hz on both digital repeaters
so you can squelch out the digital noise
Rip's Report - RVWARS Newsletter
Editor - Christian Sweningsen, KD2LIN
If you have anything for the Newsletter
Email it here
Current RVWARS Roster
To join the RVWARS YAHOO GROUP
Type your email address in the box below
then click on "Join Now!"
Click for Weather Conditions
Hamlet of Ghent
Web Page suggestions & comments to: web master
About the RVWARS |
RVWARS DX Award |
Links to Ham Sites |
Antenna Calculator |
RVWARS By-Laws |
Email to RVWARS
The Rip Van Winkle Amateure Radio Society, Inc., is a 501(C)(3) Federal Tax Exempt Non-Profit Organization.
Contents of this Web Site are Copyright © 2002-2011 by the Rip Van Winkle Amateur Radio Society, Inc., Hudson, NY 12534
The Hosting of this Website Courtesy of W2JSN
N2LDR Webmaster. Site updated monthly